graid5 compilation problem

Fluffles etc at fluffles.net
Fri May 4 00:14:00 UTC 2007

deniswork at uzvik.kiev.ua wrote:
> Thanks, this help!
> Another question: where graid5 store it settings?

Like other geom classes, geom_raid5 uses on-disk metadata to store all
settings (stripesize, disk number, array size, array state, etc). You
can view the stored metadata with command:
graid5 dump ad4
(assuming ad4 is a graid5-disk)

> I just wonder, can I remove some file, to clear up graid5 settings,
> and create my raid in proper way.

To 'erase' these settings use "graid5 clear ad4". But remember that you
cannot do this if the array is online; perhaps the easiest is making
sure graid5 is not loaded automatically in /boot/loader.conf and then
issuing a reboot. You can then clear all the disks which used to store
metadata, and try again. Remember: you can still use the userland
"graid5" binary utility even though the graid5 KLD-module is not loaded.
This allows usage of the 'clear' command to achieve your goal. Good luck!

- Veronica