Problems simulating gvinum raid5 rebuild

Ulf Lilleengen lulf at stud.ntnu.no
Sat Mar 10 17:44:15 UTC 2007

On fre, mar 09, 2007 at 02:16:35 +0100, Ulf Lilleengen wrote:
> On tor, mar 08, 2007 at 02:58:12am +0100, Ulf Lilleengen wrote:
*SNIP*

> Ok, apparently it does bind objects together, but a subdisk that is not
> registered with a drive (if the drive is not there) doesn't get tasted.
> I'm having problems to find a nice way of adding the subdisk without a drive to
> a plex, so that the plex can get into it's correct state.
>
> One way i tried it in gv_plex_taste was to loop through all subdisks, and find
> subdisks that didn't have any drive, _and_ was to be registered with this plex.
> Then i registered it with the plex. Something like this:
>
> LIST_FOREACH(s, &sc->subdisks, sd) {
> 	if s->plex equals plexname
> 		if s has no drive
> 			add the subdisk to this plex

Turns out i need to check my own code better :)
If add the subdisk to the plex _and_ sets the state to GV_SD_DOWN, the plex will
come out degraded after the _plex_taste. I also added an gv_update_plex to
update the plex-state after it has come up. I'll just test it a bit first.

--
Ulf Lilleengen