A beginner project

Shane Adams adamsch1 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 22 07:38:55 UTC 2007

I've thought about geom snapshots, which I take it you would do at a block layer similarly to how snapshots are implemented in FFS.  I couldnt figure out a way to do it effeciently.  I've found the FFS snapshots do not work well with large disk sets, there is a noticable lag and almost a freeze-up on my computer.

Seems you'd need to do it at the filesystem layer, and as a side effect change the format of inodes at cylinder groups in order to track changes.

Is there any publish literature on the subject?

Oh - by snapshot I mean something that can be mounted simlultaniously with the original filesystem.

Cheers,
  Shane