pp->mediasize == 0 when reattaching physical medium ?

Rene Ladan r.c.ladan at gmail.com
Sun Jan 14 14:32:10 UTC 2007

Poul-Henning Kamp schreef:
> In message <45A103F4.5040108 at gmail.com>, Rene Ladan writes:
>
>>> 1) If you kldload the class and plug in a physical medium afterwards,
>>> then pp->mediasize == 0 so the taste function fails.
>
> That's a USB bug.

Well, I put the raw image of the medium on a CD to see if that works.

Results:
* if the CD is loaded during boot and the module is loaded after boot,
the CD gets recognized by GEOM and the xbox360 class creates the two slices;
* if the CD is loaded after boot and after the module is loaded, nothing
happens (the drive spins up a few times, but the taste function is not
called).

So maybe the bug is somewhere in the CAM layer?

Regards,
Rene
--
GPG fingerprint = E738 5471 D185 7013 0EE0  4FC8 3C1D 6F83 12E1 84F6
(subkeys.pgp.net)

"It won't fit on the line."
		-- me, 2001