geom_raid5 livelock?

CyberLeo Kitsana cyberleo at cyberleo.net
Sat Jan 13 18:48:04 UTC 2007

R. B. Riddick wrote:
> and after line 1160 (the line with = EIO;)
>   G_RAID5_LOGREQ(bp, "[not-equal]");

Does this addition go within the 'if' block or below it?

I am certain that the verify ran to completion because, while initially
assembling the RAID, I distinctly remember complaining about how long it
took to verify 1.2 terabytes. I also emulated a disk failure during
later testing, to verify that the array was rebuilt correctly afterwards.

It is unlikely the wdt setting will have much effect, as the data gets
dumped all at once anyways, and all filesystems are sync'ed immediately
afterwards. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

--
Fuzzy love,
-CyberLeo

Furry Peace! - http://www.fur.com/peace/