geom_raid5 livelock?

CyberLeo Kitsana cyberleo at cyberleo.net
Sat Jan 13 01:08:11 UTC 2007

R. B. Riddick wrote:
> --- CyberLeo Kitsana <cyberleo at cyberleo.net> wrote:
> OK - gmirror was not the cause... :) But since gmirror had a quite high "ms/r"
> value, it might be, that graid5 isnt the real cause, too (maybe ur box just
> cant take so many simultaneous read requests)...
> Unfortunately I removed some debug code. I inserted it now. It would be nice,
> if u could upgrade to the newest version of graid5 (some minutes old)... Then
> debug level 2 should produce more output (each read/write request gets two
> lines: start and done)... :-)

http://home.cyberleo.net/cyberleo/workspace/Zip/graid5-all.log

That log contains two full seconds of requests, under the same
circumstances as before (rsync and find processes stuck in wait, along
with an 'ls' or two). If you need more, I can produce it.

It appears to be completing requests, but always the same requests over
and over. Watching the log for about a minute doesn't show any other
requests during this time.

[start] raid5/raid5[READ(offset=779825545216, length=16384)]
[start] raid5/raid5[READ(offset=764410200064, length=16384)]

Thanks!

--
Fuzzy love,
-CyberLeo