Recommended gmirror solution with swap?

Thomas Hurst tom.hurst at clara.net
Fri Jan 5 04:30:05 UTC 2007

* Rick C. Petty (rick-freebsd at kiwi-computer.com) wrote:

> Where is that rc.conf option defined or used?  Certainly not in 6.x:
>
> % grep -R swapoff /etc/
> /etc/security/audit_event:355:AUE_DARWIN_SWAPOFF:swapoff():ad
> /etc/security/audit_event:43045:AUE_SWAPOFF:swapoff():ad

Indeed; it didn't last long, but the legacy seems to remain in some
guides:

  http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/etc/rc.d/swap1

Revision 1.6.2.4 Mon Jan 3 12:41:39 2005 UTC
  Gmirror now uses shutdown hooks to stop itself in a clean way, that's
  why we don't need stop method for rc.d/swap1 script anymore.

Revision 1.6.2.3 Sat Oct 16 08:13:19 2004 UTC
  Do not remove swap partitions by default as it cause some problems.
  Instead, add 'swapoff' variable to rc.conf (turned off by default),
  so users who use gmirror and swap-on-mirror configuration still can
  turn it on and avoid problems with dirty mirror components on next
  boot.

--
Thomas 'Freaky' Hurst
    http://hur.st/