gmirror or ata problem

Søren Schmidt sos at deepcore.dk
Thu Feb 1 15:55:08 UTC 2007

Eric Anderson wrote:

> Is there any reason the sleep and idle pieces of ataidle could not be
> added to atacontrol?

Yes, it is a dirty hack solution until the idle/sleep thing is
implemented correctly in the ATA driver framework as just sending the
command(s) to the devices doesn't quite cut it without tinkering with
the timeouts which leaves fx server users with suboptimal delays on
failures.

Anyhow I now have a full time disk server here that could save quite
some power when doing this, so it just might level up on my TODO list :)

-Søren