gvirstor final (hopefully)

Ivan Voras ivoras at fer.hr
Tue Apr 24 21:07:13 UTC 2007

With the recently implemented BIO delaying in gvirstor (that is, IOs
will be delayed unconditionally when there's not enough physical space
in the virstor device, until more providers are added), I think gvirstor
is ready to be committed to the CVS tree.

So, interested people are encouraged to test it once again, and see if
they can break it in new and exciting ways :)

gvirstor is available as a simple tarball at
http://wiki.freebsd.org/gvirstor (read the README before trying) and in
the Perforce (branch ivoras_gvirstor).

If all turns out well, I'll have to find someone to get it committed.

(gvirstor is a geom "overcommit" class - allows creation of virtual
storage devices of arbitrary sizes backed by limited physical storage.
It has been sponsored by Google in Google Summer of Code 2006.)