mirror/stripe freezing under FreeBSD 5.5

R. B. Riddick arne_woerner at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 29 08:38:57 PDT 2006

--- Rex Roof <rexroof at gmail.com> wrote:
> as you can see, they say DIRTY.   a few seconds later they changed to CLEAN.
> I'm noticing now that they're changing back and forth rather frequently.
> perhaps once a minute;  much more often than the freezing is happening.

That seems to be normal, when there is write activity:
% touch a ; gmirror list | grep DIRTY
   Flags: DIRTY
   Flags: DIRTY
   Flags: DIRTY
   Flags: DIRTY
% sleep 5
% gmirror list | grep DIRTY
%

I dont know, what could cause the strange behaviour...

Maybe u should try to increase the stripe size and the slice size to 128KB or
so?

-Arne

---