gvinum raid5 in production

R. B. Riddick arne_woerner at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 12 12:32:26 PDT 2006

--- Ulf Lilleengen <lulf at stud.ntnu.no> wrote:
> > As far as I understood GEOM it does not like to sleep in g_up or g_down
> > threads... So we cannot use M_WAITOK in gv_down()...
> What do you mean gv_down()? Gvinum does not use g_up or g_down as far as i
> can tell?

Ohoh... Tubby "typo"...

"gv_down" is wrong... I meant "gv_drive_done()"

As far as I understood GEOM it work as follows:
1. A geom class provides a drive and several functions, that r needed to
operate that drive...
2. Thread g_down hands down a new read/write/... request to an instance of a
geom class by using those functions (often called: ..._start())
3. Thread g_up hands up a completed/aborted request to the caller (a geom or
so) by using those functions (often called: ..._done())

It is a little bit like "function overloading" in OO...

-Arne

---
Arne likes Teletubbies...