Updated gjournal patches [20061024].

Andrei Kolu antik at bsd.ee
Tue Oct 24 11:51:02 PDT 2006

On Tuesday 24 October 2006 7:39 pm, Ivan Voras wrote:
> Pawel Jakub Dawidek wrote:
> > Those patches mostly contain build fixes for gconcat and gstripe.
Kernel and world installed just fine, now I have questions:

I made some time ago gjournaling filesystem on partition /dev/ad0s3, labeled
it, then made ufs filesystem- it worked just great. Later I reformatted this
disk to FAT32 filesystem and now I am unable to mount it with gjournal
enabled kernel- works fine with "plain" FreeBSD kernel (PC-BSD actually with
some config changes).

# gjournal label /dev/ad0s3

How can I dejournal this partition and mount it as normal again?

Hmm, just changed fstab:
/dev/ad0s3.journal      /mnt/ad0s3   auto    rw,noauto    0    0

Now I can mount it but only as journaled one.... Can I benefit from journaling
with other filesystems other than UFS2 right now?

Andrei Kolu
PC-BSD Quality manager