Changing geli-providers from passphrase to keyfile

Pawel Jakub Dawidek pjd at FreeBSD.org
Mon Mar 6 04:12:01 PST 2006

On Mon, Mar 06, 2006 at 12:58:44PM +0100, Christian Baer wrote:
+> What I am basicly asking now, is if there is some way for me to use
+> the -k option (like in your script about) while attaching the providers
+> without having to copy all the data off the drives and initilising the
+> providers from scratch.  Since were are taking about quite a lot of
+> drive space here, this could take pretty long.
+>
+> Sorry for being unclear the first time around. I hope I did a better job
+> this time!

So what you basically want is to change your passphrase to a keyfile?

	# echo piped-passphrase | geli setkey -P -K - ad0s1d
	Enter passphrase:
	# echo piped-passphrase | geli attach -p -k - ad0s1d