geom_mirror delayed synchronizing question

R. B. Riddick arne_woerner at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 29 06:14:51 PST 2006

--- Christian Laursen <xi at borderworlds.dk> wrote:
> There are plenty of hacks that will do what I want but none of them
> are elegant.

I changed now my graid5 quite elegantly, so that it waits 0.1 seconds (100
milli seconds; 100000 micro secs) after a read request, before it issues the
kern.geom.raid5.veri_nice (value is in ms and must be in this range: 0..999 (or
else it is ignored)).

A graid5 out of 2 disks behaves like gmirror with 2 disks and balance
read-strategy.

But graid5 is still experimental (not so many stress tests) and if install
instructions are not so easy, because u have to go into
/sys/modules/geom/geom_raid5 and /usr/src/sbin/geom/class/raid5 and do a "make
&& make install" there)... U can download the sources here:
http://home.tiscali.de/cmdr_faako/geom_raid5.tbz

-Arne