gsnapshot around ?

Ivan Voras ivoras at fer.hr
Tue Dec 5 14:08:48 PST 2006

Eric Anderson wrote:

> I've been thinking a bit about this for a while.  It would be a great
> tool to have, certainly.   Does anyone have any particular
> implementation ideas?

It's actually not that hard to do. I really want the possibility to save
snapshot data in a file (as opposed to dumping it to another GEOM
device), and PJD had some file-muching kernel code so it's definitely
doable right now.

I'm still waiting on a "hot-plug" insertion of GEOM classes in between
two classes to make it really usable for the common man :)