v_vfs_done error = 1 on gconcat device

Pawel Jakub Dawidek pjd at FreeBSD.org
Sat Apr 29 14:43:54 UTC 2006

On Sat, Apr 29, 2006 at 10:27:42AM -0400, Rong-En Fan wrote:
+> On 4/29/06, Pawel Jakub Dawidek <pjd at freebsd.org> wrote:
+> >Yes, I'm afraid so. The BSD class just return EPERM when you try to
+> >overwrite the metadata.
+>
+> Thanks. By the way, I'm just wondering if we can have some meaningful
+> error message, like "permission denied" instead of the magic "1"?

No, error messages are available only in userland - you don't want to
eventually translate those in kernel. Anyway, I somehow know to consult
errno(2). Also, "permission denied" doesn't tell much more about the
problem.