geli not recognizing passphrase on boot (was: geli not prompting for password on boot)

Adam Wood aswood at gmail.com
Mon Apr 10 04:42:55 UTC 2006

On 4/8/06, Adam Wood <aswood at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 4/8/06, Pawel Jakub Dawidek <pjd at freebsd.org> wrote:
> > Are you doing this via serial console maybe? I saw such problems there.
> > I think this is even on TODO list somewhere on releng site.

> Nope, regular old keyboard. Also, once it boots, there are no problems
> with the keyboard not detecting keypresses. Very odd, indeed! Thank
> you for your assistance, though, it is now working like a champ!

I just built a new kernel with the latest sources (6.1-RC) and now it
doesn't register any keyboard input at all when asking for the
passphrase. All of my -lock keys work, and I can scroll up and down,
but when typing letters nothing shows up and enter won't input a
newline.

I tried with both the geom_eli.ko and compiling it directly into the kernel.

I can still boot the 6.1-BETA4 kernel and it will at least pick up the
keypresses every third keystroke or so.

Any ideas? It only stops recognizing input when asking for a
passphrase at boot time. At all other times it works as expected...
Could it be there's an issue with -b?

Sincerely,

--adam