GELI hardware performance.

ke.han ke.han at redstarling.com
Sat Sep 10 17:56:45 PDT 2005

Thanks for the comparison.  As a newcomer to both GELI and gbde, it
would be niced to know how these numbers compare to no encryption on the
same hardware.  How hard would it be to run these performance tests on
the same hardware with no GELI?
It seems that for drives that put through  over 100Mbs that your results
of around 14 to 27 Mbs (block output) are pretty low.  Am I readin the
numbers wrong? comparing apples to oranges?
any help in my understanding is appreciated as I'm trying to decide how
to solve a new server setup.
thanks, ke han