A question on gmirror and "load sharing"

Tomas Zvala tomas at zvala.cz
Tue Nov 22 16:46:25 PST 2005

Hello,
I did some similar testing and came to similar conclusion. As PJD
explained, the mirror will never double the transfer rate in sequential
I/O.
Here's the thread:
http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=0+0+archive/2004/freebsd-geom/20041205.freebsd-geom

Tomas

btw. i never said thank you for his answer, so now i do :) thanks.