GEOM for multipath? How?

John-Mark Gurney gurney_j at resnet.uoregon.edu
Wed Nov 9 13:32:23 PST 2005

Danny Howard wrote this message on Wed, Nov 09, 2005 at 13:25 -0800:
> And I says to myself "AHA!  Multipath should be easy to implement on
> FreeBSD as well, via geom."  But I can't find an obvious way given
> existing geom utils to do this.  And like I said, the box I'd use this
> on is inaccesible for now.
>
> Basically, I'd want a provider, that would see two disks, and if it
> could talk to one disk, it would, else it would talk to the other.

geom_fox is what you are looking for:
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2003-June/005288.html

but as phk mentions: but since the isp driver has very aggresive
retrie policies as it is now, the actual usability is still somewhat
below par.

i.e. if a request goes to one path, it will never be failed, and not
get a change to try the other path...  I can't seem to find the recent
mailing list messages talking about these issues...

--
  John-Mark Gurney				Voice: +1 415 225 5579