GEOM mirror automatic rebuilds

Pawel Jakub Dawidek pjd at FreeBSD.org
Wed Mar 16 00:28:11 PST 2005

On Tue, Mar 15, 2005 at 07:19:46PM -0600, Randy Bias wrote:
+> Folks,
+>
+> 	A, hopefully, quick question.  I have GEOM running with a pair of
+> 	SATA drives on an ICH6R intel controller.  If I pull a drive while running
+> and then reinsert it into the bay the GEOM mirror does not
+> automatically rebuild.  I have to run 'atacontrol reinit ata3' to
+> reinitialize the drive before GEOM recognizes the provider and begins
+> the rebuild.  The drive after being re-inserted does not show up in
+> 'atacontrol list' nor do I see any console messages that it was
+> detected on insert.
+>
+> 	Is this a general problem?  Is 'atacontrol reinit' required?  Or is
+> this a failing in the driver for the ICH6 controller?

I don't know hwere the problem is, but I'm sure it is not gmirror problem:)
From gmirror perspective I just need to get provider which I can taste and
recognize.

I'm CCing sos@, maybe he can tell more about this issue.