Hardcoding gmirror provider

Pawel Jakub Dawidek pjd at FreeBSD.org
Wed Feb 23 02:14:38 PST 2005

On Wed, Feb 23, 2005 at 10:32:01AM +0100, Dag-Erling Sm?rgrav wrote:
+> Pawel Jakub Dawidek <pjd at FreeBSD.org> writes:
+> > ...and metadata at the begining of the provider still doesn't fix 'c'
+> > partition problem and 'a' partition which starts at sector 0, which is
+> > the default start offset in sysinstall.
+>
+> The c partition is a problem you have to address anyway (and it is
+> best addressed by removing the magicness of the c partition
+> altogether). [...]

It is not going to be removed. We're going to wait for MBR to die.

+> [...] As for the a partition, I don't see the problem.  It is
+> not at the start of the slice, since the label comes first.

It comes first, yes, but it is visible inside 'a' partition when it
starts at sector 0. UFS has a workaround to skip first 16 sectors.