Hardcoding gmirror provider [was Re: Problem with migrating...]

James Snow snow at teardrop.org
Fri Feb 18 14:29:53 PST 2005

On Fri, Feb 11, 2005 at 02:39:17PM +0100, Ralf S. Engelschall wrote:

> I've added a comment to the slice creation command that one just
> substract one block or alternatively use the -h option on the "gmirror
> label" command for hard-coding the provider. Thanks for catching this
> subtle problem.

I've tried several iterations of the single-slice method, but I'm still
unable to boot. The loader complains that it can't find the kernel and
lsdev reports:

disk1s1: FFS bad disklabel
disk2s1: FFS bad disklabel

I'm a little puzzled. I got this working on another machine by
hardcoding the provider labels in gmirror and not decrementing the size
of the slice in fdisk. Not sure why it's giving me so much trouble going
this route.

Any thoughts on what I'm doing wrong?

-Snow