Gmirror - how to do?

Pawel Jakub Dawidek pjd at FreeBSD.org
Sat Feb 5 15:08:44 PST 2005

On Sat, Feb 05, 2005 at 05:04:15PM -0600, Karl Denninger wrote:
+> > Remember not to boot the main machine with this disk inside, as it can
+> > be tasted before your main 'boot' mirror. Inserting this disk after
+> > boot, when your 'boot' mirror is configured should be safe.
+>
+> Nope, won't work.
+>
+> The mirrors potentially have different PHYSICAL slice sizes (remember
+> this debate a while back on this list?) and if I do this, I'm guaranteed to
+> screw the partition table, as the fdisk size of the slice table will be
+> picked up.

Sorry, but I don't understand.
How can you touch slices configuration by labeling ad4s1?