KPI for holding off root mounting

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Mon Apr 18 14:27:48 PDT 2005

This is the new official KPI for holding off root mounts.

It may be relevant to certain types of GEOM classes as well.

Poul-Henning

phk         2005-04-18 21:21:26 UTC

  FreeBSD src repository

  Modified files:
    sys/dev/ata          ata-all.c
    sys/geom             geom_kern.c
    sys/kern             vfs_mount.c
    sys/sys              systm.h
  Log:
  Add a named reference-count KPI to hold off mounting of the root filesystem.

  While we wait for holds to be released, print a list of who holds us
  back once per second.

  Use the new KPI from GEOM instead of vfs_mount.c calling g_waitidle().

  Use the new KPI also from ata.

  With ATAmkIII's newbusification, ata could narrowly miss the window
  and ad0 would not exist when we tried to mount root.

  Revision  Changes    Path
  1.243     +3 -0      src/sys/dev/ata/ata-all.c
  1.38      +6 -0      src/sys/geom/geom_kern.c
  1.189     +49 -6     src/sys/kern/vfs_mount.c
  1.232     +7 -0      src/sys/sys/systm.h