SCSI disk getting disconnected on boot

Chris Elsworth chris at shagged.org
Mon Oct 4 07:09:11 PDT 2004

On Mon, Oct 04, 2004 at 03:30:01PM +0200, Pawel Jakub Dawidek wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 04, 2004 at 02:12:22PM +0100, Chris Elsworth wrote:
> +> Replying to myself, but I've managed to get it working. I've applied
> +> http://people.freebsd.org/~pjd/patches/root_mount.patch
> +>
> +> and set
> +> mount_root_delay="10"
> +> and it has now booted three times without disconnecting da0 :)
> +>
> +> So I look forward to the merging of both those patches :)
>
> Ah, you were using RELENG_5, ok.

Oh, yes, sorry. I thought I'd said. It was 5.3-BETA6 as of October 2nd.

> Does it work without gmirror.patch?

I supped the source tree to BETA7 to clean out the old patches, then
re-applied root_mount.patch - and yes, it still works! Up until now
I'd only ever booted a mirror device with one half, and that was
working fine with 5.3 tree and no additional patches. It seems you
need root_mount.patch to boot with more than one device.

--
Chris