rc.d/gbde_swap problem

Brooks Davis brooks at one-eyed-alien.net
Wed Feb 4 16:52:48 PST 2004

I'm doing to backing on the rc.d scripts to try and cleanup diskless
booting and I noticed a problem with gbde_swap.  It has a dependency on
random which depends on mountcritlocal which depends on disks which
gbde_swap provides thus creating a circular dependency.  I think
gbde_swap it too early do depend on random and should instead depend on
initrandom.  Users who need high-quality saved entropy this early will
just have to be sure they set entropy_file to a location that is
reachable early in the process so initrandom can use it.

-- Brooks