repeatable crash using Firefox 4

Pan Tsu inyaoo at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 21:58:48 UTC 2011

Robert Huff <roberthuff at rcn.com> writes:

> 	System:
>
> FreeBSD 9.0-CURRENT #0: Sat Oct 23 08:15:53 EDT 2010 amd64
>
> 	After disabling PGO, Firefox 4 built and installed without
> complaint.
> 	It starts correctly.  Hoever, pretty much any activity -
> including clicking on "About Firefox" causes it to crash with
> "Illegal instruction"
> 	I have a core dump.  What's the next step in determining what's
> wrong?

Update? The ports tree may assume -CURRENT is... uhm, relatively current.
There were many libthr changes since then and before, e.g.

  http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/mid.cgi?4CC6D915.3010900
  www/firefox36 doesn't use pthread_attr_get_np(3)

which was just a few days after, on 25 Oct. But you're probably hit by
smth else. Build it with symbols and show gdb backtrace as starting point.