configure: error: Library requirements (firefox 35 install failed)

Shaolan Yu shaolan99 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 4 19:56:03 UTC 2011

Hello,

I was trying to install firefox 3.5 to my FreeBSD running 7.2, I got the
following error:

checking for cairo >= 1.8.8 freetype2 fontconfig... Requested 'cairo >= 1.8.8'
but version of cairo is 1.8.6
configure: error: Library requirements (cairo >= 1.8.8 freetype2 fontconfig) not
met; consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if your
libraries are in a nonstandard prefix so pkg-config can find them.
===>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.
Please report the problem to gecko at FreeBSD.org [maintainer] and attach the
"/usr/ports/www/firefox35/work/mozilla-1.9.1/config.log" including the output
of the failure of your make command. Also, it might be a good idea to provide
an overview of all packages installed on your system (e.g. an `ls
/var/db/pkg`).
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/www/firefox35.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/www/firefox35.
shayu-test# pwd
/usr/ports/www/firefox35
shayu-test#

Could you please let me know how to resolve this issue?

Thanks,
Shaolan Yu