Ports depending on SeaMonkey 1.1 (www/seamonkey)

Marcin Cieslak saper at saper.info
Fri Jan 14 14:12:53 UTC 2011

On Fri, 14 Jan 2011, Beat Gaetzi wrote:

> www/bugmenot              saper AT saper o info
>
> If the port needs a gecko provider please use USE_GECKO= libxul instead.
> If these ports works with SeaMonkey 2 and only need SeaMonkey 2 as a run
> dependency please use USE_SEAMONKEY= 20. It is also possible to define
> SeaMonkey 2 as a build dependency by using USE_SEAMONKEY_BUILD= 20.

www/bugmenot is a browser UI add-on (extension of the right-click menu
among others) so it make little sense to use it outside the browser.

We have a www/bugmenot-firefox that might possibly work with
seamonkey 2.0 as well (or just require a one-line patch to do so).
Seamonkey 2.x has a much higher degree of extension compatibility.
thierry@ is maintainer on this one.

www/bugmenot is a newer version of www/bugmenot-firefox
patched a bit to support older Mozillas and Seamonkeys (1.x) as well.

What could be done we could end up with one port that
includes seamonkey 1.x and seamonkey 2.x bits included.
Usually it does interfere in any way.

Thierry, what's your thought?

//Marcin