mail/thunderbird make problem

Alexey Zaivenko - Vysochin zaivenkoxxxalex at gmail.com
Fri Dec 31 13:23:29 UTC 2010

Good day and Happy New Year everybody!

Greetings from Kyiv!

I deinstalled Thunderbird 2.0.0.24 and after that I've been trying to
install thunderbird 3.1.7 from ports. I use FreeBSD 8.0-RELEASE, the list of
installed packages is in attach "pkg.listing". Problem is that, now, I am
not able to install previous version of thunderbird either, which I had
earlier. When I try to install it from package it says that it needs
perl-5.10.1_1, but I used it with perl-5.8.9_3.

That's what happens when I try to build port of thunderbird version 3.1.7
with make command:
checking whether C++ requires implementation of unused virtual methods...
(cached) no
checking for trouble comparing to zero near std::operator!=()... (cached) no
checking for LC_MESSAGES... (cached) yes
configure: error: --with-system-nspr and --with-nspr-libs/cflags are
mutually exclusive.
See 'configure --help'.
configure: error: ./configure failed for js/src
configure: error: ./configure failed for mozilla
===>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.
*Please report the problem to gecko at FreeBSD.org [maintainer] and attach the
"/usr/ports/mail/thunderbird/work/comm-1.9.2/config.log" including the
output
of the failure of your make command. Also, it might be a good idea to
provide
an overview of all packages installed on your system (e.g. an `ls
/var/db/pkg`).*
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/mail/thunderbird.
*** Error code 1