Build instructions for firefox

Super Biscuit super_bisquit at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 27 20:23:08 UTC 2010

From: Beat Gaetzi <beat at FreeBSD.org>
Subject: Re: Build instructions for firefox
To: "Super Biscuit" <super_bisquit at yahoo.com>
Cc: gecko at FreeBSD.org
Date: Tuesday, April 27, 2010, 7:22 PM

Hi,

Super Biscuit wrote:
>  Forgive me for bothering you.Is there a set of instructions available for building firefox on a ppcG3 machine? Make install dies at libxul/xulrunner even after I disabled java xpcom. Build results are the same for all mozilla-firefox dependent browsers- kazehakase and midori have the same results. Present system is 9.0 SNAPSHOT powerpc. System RAM 386M with 374M available. 400mHz G3/750.

Do you use a port (like www/firefox) for building firefox? As far as I
know all firefox ports should build on PowerPC. If not please provide
the build output where the build breaks, custom settings in
/etc/make.conf and the output of "make showconfig".

Beat

How? I can only upload files to slexy or ompload not pipe the outputs there. /etc/make.conf only has the perlversion listed.