firefox35 dumps core on 7.2-STABLE/amd64

Jonathan Chen jonc at chen.org.nz
Wed Jul 1 09:54:05 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jul 01, 2009 at 11:11:36AM +0200, Florian Smeets wrote:
> On 01.07.09 10:46, Jonathan Chen wrote:
> >Hi,
>
> Hi,
>

> >I'm running 7.2-STABLE/amd64 updated on Sat Jun 27 08:22:54 NZST 2009.
> >I've just installed firefox-3.5 from a recent ports tree, and I'm getting
> >a core dump with:
> >
> >     Bad system call (core dumped)
> >
> >Firefox 3.5 starts up okay, and displays the "Updated to Firefox 3.5"
> >window, but crashes shortly after.
> >
> >I've attached the output from Firefox 3.5 compiled with DEBUG on.
>
> This is just a guess, but we had other problems with firefox 3.5 and
> HTML5, crashing with "Bad system call" when the sem module was not loaded.
>
> Could you please load sem (kldload sem) and try again.

Thanks for this. I appear to have missed the note in pkg-message for
some reason. With "sem" kldloaded, firefox 3.5 is up and running.

> Did you by chance view at a HTML5 page when the crash occurred?

The only page in view was the "Welcome to Firefox 3.5" page. It looks
like "kldload sem" is now a must rather than an advisory...

Cheers.
--
Jonathan Chen <jonc at chen.org.nz>