www/seamonkey2: build failure

Beat Gaetzi beat at FreeBSD.org
Tue Dec 22 11:54:21 UTC 2009

Hi,

barbara wrote:
>> Martin Wilke wrote:

>>> beat@ tested now you configuration, Unfortunately we can't reproduce
>>> this problem.
>> I was not able to reproduce this problem on i386 and amd64 with the
>> given options:
>> http://people.freebsd.org/~beat/logs/seamonkey-2.0.1-i386.log
>> http://people.freebsd.org/~beat/logs/seamonkey-2.0.1-amd64.log
>>
>> Could you please send us (or upload it somewhere) the full build output
>> until it fails and the output of these commands:
>> # uname -a
>> # cat /etc/make.conf
>> # pkg_info
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Beat
>>

> Sure!
>
> uname -a:
> FreeBSD satanasso.local.net 7.2-STABLE FreeBSD 7.2-STABLE #0: Sun Dec 20 14:58:14 CET 2009     root at satanasso.local.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/SATANASSO  i386
>
> make.conf
> http://pastebin.com/f5a746717
>
> pkg_info
> http://pastebin.com/f698e3656

This error is caused by the installed spidermonkey and was also
previously reported here:
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-gecko/2009-November/000423.html

Unfortunately the conflicts are only checked during the "make install"
and not prior to the build. If you manually run "make check-conflicts"
you will see that Seamonkey 2 will conflict with spidermonkey:

/usr/ports/www/seamonkey2/> make check-conflicts

===>  seamonkey-2.0.1 conflicts with installed package(s):
      spidermonkey-1.7.0

      They install files into the same place.
      Please remove them first with pkg_delete(1).

*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/www/seamonkey2

If you do not use spidermonkey, please deinstall it and seamonkey2
should build fine.

I'm will check how other ports workaround such a situation.

Beat