GECKO_PTHREAD_LIBS bsd.gecko.mk vs. Makefile?

Andreas Tobler andreast-list at fgznet.ch
Fri Aug 21 18:54:27 UTC 2009

Hello all,

I have a question here, when is the GECKO_PTHREAD_LIBS taken from the
bsd.gecko.mk and when is it taken from the Makefile of a thunderbird for
example?

The reason I ask, I try to build thunderbird on powerpc. The powerpc cc
dumps the pthread stuff not in the first line. So a finer grep pattern
should be used, like the one Ed@ introduced for firefox3 ('%{\!pg:
%{pthread:' iso 'pthread').

I put this into the Makefile from thunderbird but I did not succeed. A
bit debugging told me that I can write what I want into this grep
pattern, it always gives me the same output. Then I found bsd.gecko.mk
and there I replaced the pattern. Bingo, now thunderbird has started
building...

Can anyone help me explaining?

TIA,
Andreas