How many ram...

Linda Kateley lkateley at kateley.com
Wed Jan 14 21:37:44 UTC 2015

I teach a class on openzfs hardware architecture... and what I typically
recommend is to use a raidset that is operationally sound. For example
if you have a 24 disk jbod... setup as either 12 mirrors or 8 raidz1 3
disk sets 4 6 disk raidz2.. and so on..

If you plan to add storage(and storage needs always increase) and add
additional 24 bay jbods.. think in terms of how you will add the sets to
the pool.

The common understanding of raid is a little different in zfs. ZFS will
write what it has to write into what it has to write with..

This blog describes well.
http://blog.delphix.com/matt/2014/06/06/zfs-stripe-width/

linda