ZFS bug: was creating ZIL ignores vfs.zfs.min_auto_ashift, should be ZIL sets improper ashift with AHCI controllers

Andriy Gapon avg at FreeBSD.org
Fri Nov 7 12:01:22 UTC 2014

On 07/11/2014 11:48, Steven Hartland wrote:

> On 07/11/2014 07:31, Borja Marcos wrote:
>> snip...
>>
>> You are right!
>>
>> This time I had not altered min_auto_ashift but I had added a quirk to
>> ata_da.c. So it
>> correctly used the quirk sector size to adjust ashift.
>>
>> Seems the bug should be "improper cache file generation for a pool used for
>> boot". I'll
>> see if I can run some more tests.
>>
> I believe the attached is the correct fix, but I've asked upstream as this test
> was explicitly added ages ago.

It could be that this problem is of no interest / relevance to the illumos
upstream as they have more restrictions on how a root pool can be configured.  I
am not sure if they allow slog devices for root pools.

--
Andriy Gapon