ZFS bug: was creating ZIL ignores vfs.zfs.min_auto_ashift, should be ZIL sets improper ashift with AHCI controllers

Steven Hartland killing at multiplay.co.uk
Thu Nov 6 21:12:21 UTC 2014

On 06/11/2014 14:58, Borja Marcos wrote:
> On Nov 6, 2014, at 2:26 PM, Steven Hartland wrote:
>
>> That's not relevant as min when set should override the drives params
> There is more to this than it seems, I just found more funny stuff.
>
> MY CONCLUSION IS: when creating a ZIL device, it behaves differently depending on the disk controller. It works with SAS,
> and it doesn't work with AHCI.

Ok narrowed down the issue, looks like cache file generation is where
the issue is, possibly a race condition.

If you run the following then rerun your zdb I suspect you'll get the
right results (ashift: 12)
zpool set cachefile='' <pool>

Alternatively you can run the following to display real pool config vs
that which is in the cache file:
zdb -C <pool>

     Regards
     Steve