why no automount for one zfs?

Karli Sjöberg Karli.Sjoberg at slu.se
Tue Nov 4 08:10:02 UTC 2014

On Tue, 2014-11-04 at 09:52 +0200, Zeus Panchenko wrote:
> Karli Sjöberg <Karli.Sjoberg at slu.se> wrote:
> > And, just to be sure, they are all mounted automatically the same way?
> > Like if you maybe have some filesystems mounted automatically and some
> > through fstab as "canmount=noauto", or stuff like that?
>
> yes, all my fs-es are automatically mounted except this one ...
> it is nothing in my /etc/fstab except swap
>
> may it relate to the mountpoint? it is the "second level", not the root
> but dir inside other fs
>
> --
> Zeus V. Panchenko				jid:zeus at im.ibs.dn.ua
> IT Dpt., I.B.S. LLC					  GMT+2 (EET)

No idea, our storage servers have filesystems that are "deeper" than
that but we set "canmount=noauto" and mount through fstab, so I don´t
know. Have seen folk run jails that stretch far "deeper" than what you
have issues so shouldn´t be a problem.

I was more making sure everything was as it should for auto mounting ZFS
to work correctly, which seems to be the case.

Maybe you should activate verbose logging during boot to be able to see
more clearly what (and what doesn´t) happen(s)?

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2004-August/054981.html

--

Med Vänliga Hälsningar

Karli Sjöberg
Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences Box 7079 (Visiting Address
Kronåsvägen 8)
S-750 07 Uppsala, Sweden
Phone:  +46-(0)18-67 15 66
karli.sjoberg at slu.se