[zfs] BSD ZFS vs. illumos ZFS

Lev Serebryakov lev at FreeBSD.org
Thu Oct 10 07:39:01 UTC 2013

Hello, Justin.
You wrote 9 октября 2013 г., 22:29:20:

JTG> Spectra relies on the Likewise stack.  If there are others interested
JTG> in running this on FreeBSD, please contact me.  We've been planning for
JTG> some time to push our version of Likewise out on GitHub or something
JTG> similar to get more collaboration on improving it.  Although not in
JTG> kernel, it does have very good performance.
 BTW, all my trys to get full wire speed (1G, not 10G or 40G) from samba 3.6
on 9-STABLE fails, even for on client. iperf shows full wire speed. Local
reading from FS shows 5-6 times wire speed (it is RAID), CPU is not loaded
at 100% (even one core). But client only could read 30-45% of wire speed!
I've tried myriad of tunes in smb.conf without any luck. And Samba guys
says that "it works on Linux, we don't know about FreeBSD, fix your strange
system".

 If new stack will be more FreeBSD-friendly, it is huge benefit for all of
us.

--
// Black Lion AKA Lev Serebryakov <lev at FreeBSD.org>