leaking lots of unreferenced inodes (pg_xlog files?)

Dan Thomas godders at gmail.com
Mon Jul 15 09:51:12 UTC 2013

On 11 June 2013 01:17, Kirk McKusick <mckusick at mckusick.com> wrote:
> OK, good to have it narrowed down. I will look to devise some
> additional diagnostics that hopefully will help tease out the
> bug. I'll hopefully get back to you soon.

Hi,

Is there any news on this issue? We're still running several servers
that are exhibiting this problem (most recently, one that seems to be
leaking around 10gb/hour), and it's getting to the point where we're
looking at moving to a different OS until it's resolved.

We have access to several production systems with this problem and (at
least from time to time) will have systems with a significant leak on
them that we can experiment with. Is there any way we can assist with
tracking this down? Any diagnostics or testing that would be useful?

Thanks,

Dan