Make ZFS use the physical sector size when computing initial ashift

Steven Hartland killing at multiplay.co.uk
Wed Jul 10 09:25:28 UTC 2013

Hi DES, unfortunately you need a quite bit more than this to work compatibly.

I've had a patch here that does just this for quite some time but there's been some
discussion on how we want additional control over this so its not been commited.

If others are interested I've attached this as it achieves what we needed here so
may also be of use for others too.

There's also a big discussion on illumos about this very subject ATM so I'm
monitoring that too.

Hopefully there will be a nice conclusion come from that how people want to
proceed and we'll be able to get a change in that works for everyone.

    Regards
    Steve