boot from ZFS: which pool types use?

Dmitry Morozovsky marck at rinet.ru
Thu Jul 4 18:18:45 UTC 2013

On Thu, 4 Jul 2013, Dmitry Morozovsky wrote:

> Now, looking at zfsboot.c, couldn't we (for finding /boot/zfsloader suitable
> for us) loop over, say, top-level datasets in pools we have, in abcense of
> special property?  As for me, this should plug the most annoying mistakes...

And followup:

for ufs/fdisk, one could easily drop in the boot process and switch to other
disk, slice, partitiona and even loader.  Not that it's (at least easily)
achievable with zfsloader...

And, not, unfortunately, I have no patches to apply....

--
Sincerely,
[ FreeBSD committer:                                 marck at FreeBSD.org ]