pwd in zfs snapshot

Jeremy Chadwick jdc at koitsu.org
Wed Jul 3 08:56:50 UTC 2013

On Wed, Jul 03, 2013 at 10:19:00AM +0200, Gerrit Khn wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Does anyone know if this is an issue that should already be fixed?
>
> <http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-fs/2010-February/007774.html>
>
> It looks like I still see it, even on rather up-to-date-systems:
>
> ---
> root at pt-storage:/root #	cd /data/.zfs/snapshot/daily.0/
> root at pt-storage:/data/.zfs/snapshot/daily.0 # pwd
> pwd: .: No such file or directory
> root at pt-storage:/data/.zfs/snapshot/daily.0 # uname -a
> FreeBSD pt-storage.pt.rt.aei.uni-hannover.de 9.1-RELEASE-p3 FreeBSD 9.1-RELEASE-p3 #0: Mon Apr 29 18:27:25 UTC 2013     root at amd64-builder.daemonology.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  amd64

If I'm reading this correctly (very likely I'm not):

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-fs/2010-February/007805.html

This would imply the issue may be relieved by setting snapdir=visible on
the filesystem.  If it works as a workaround, great, but be aware this
may not be ideal for everyone.

Please try it and report back.

--
| Jeremy Chadwick                                   jdc at koitsu.org |