zfs zvol: set geom mediasize right at creation time

Andriy Gapon avg at FreeBSD.org
Wed Oct 3 14:36:03 UTC 2012

on 23/09/2012 04:04 Steven Hartland said the following:
> Do you know what the effect of the volblocksize change
> will have on a volume who's disk block size changes?
> e.g. via a quirk for a 4k disk being added

I am not sure that I got your question...
My patch doesn't affect neither volblocksize value nor disk block size [geom
property].
It changes only stripe size geom property.

> I ask as we've testing a patch here which changes ashift to
> be based on stripesize instead of sectorsize but in its
> current form it has some odd side effects on pools which
> are boot pools.
>
> Said patch is attached for reference.

I think that the patch makes sense and would be curious to learn more about the
side-effects.

--
Andriy Gapon