ZFS new SPA

Martin Matuska mm at FreeBSD.org
Mon May 28 06:50:39 UTC 2012

On 28.5.2012 3:38, Marcelo Araujo wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I'm wondering if there is someone working on the new SPA released some days
> ago.
> Just to let everybody knows, I'm working on it from last week till now,
> partially it has been integrated with FreeBSD code(HEAD), but I need couple
> days or more to finish the code integration as well as perform some tests.
>
> In case there is someone else working on it, please let me know, because I
> don't want wasting my time.
>
> 2619 asynchronous destruction of ZFS file systems
> 2747 SPA versioning with zfs feature flags
>

> Best Regards,
I am working on this, too.
That's why I pushed r236143, r236145, r236146, r236155 - that makes
integration much easier.

I got a working patch for Illumos 13700 and 13701 in about 2-3 hrs
yesterday.
The hardest part to cope with was fnvpair.c in userland mode.
Next, Illumos has a typo in the code, maybe they didn't compile it?
In addition it leaks memory, so we have to find the leak and plug it.

Cheers,
mm

--
Martin Matuska