MPSAFE VFS -- List of upcoming actions

Bob Friesenhahn bfriesen at simple.dallas.tx.us
Sat Jun 30 13:15:47 UTC 2012

On Sat, 30 Jun 2012, Thomas Mueller wrote:

> I've been wondering about the status of XFS in (Free or other)BSD,
> know it's in ports and is usable in Linux.
>
> I think you can even run Linux on XFS instead of ext(2,3 or 4)fs, or ReiserFS, or btrfs.

You can not only run Linux on XFS (which I do) but it is still likely
the most reliable and consistently performant of the filesystems
available in Linux because of its origin and its maturity.  XFS did
not originate in Linux (it originated in SGI's Irix) so it should not
surprise that Linux core developers are proponents of filesystems
originally developed under Linux.

Regardless, a key value of *BSD supporting non-native filesystems is
in order to be able to access filesystems created on other OSs.

XFS is a major filesystem so hopefully someone will volunteer to
support it.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn