zfs list -t snapshot slow

Martin Matuska mm at FreeBSD.org
Thu Jun 14 10:45:21 UTC 2012

Hi Alexandr,

this slowdown is known, as for fetching each snapshot its metadata are
to be fetched.
There was a speedup to this operation, but it affects only name-sorted
output,
you need to issue "-o name -s name" to your zfs list command.

More information:
http://svnweb.freebsd.org/base?view=revision&revision=230438

This change has been integrated into the tree on:
HEAD: r230438 (2012-01-21)
9-STABLE: r231946 (2012-02-20)
8-STABLE: r233862 (2012-04-04)

--