NFS I/O or permission denied errors

Attila Bogár attila.bogar at linguamatics.com
Fri Aug 3 00:03:10 UTC 2012

Hi,

I have an nfs server called "server" in this scenario.
This server is running 9.1-PRERELEASE and exports 70+ zfs datasets over
NFSv3.

I sent an email a month ago, that half of the krb5i mounts fails over tcp.

I noticed, that with simple krb5 sec flavour fever of the mounts are
failing.
I expected, that with sec=sys none will fail.  Unfortunately this is not
the case.  I can get a failed mount with sec=sys to within 2 minutes.

See the attached bash script.

Within 2 minutes I always get this:
mount.nfs: prog 100003, trying vers=3, prot=6
mount.nfs: trying 10.1.2.3 prog 100003 vers 3 prot TCP port 2049
mount.nfs: prog 100005, trying vers=3, prot=6
mount.nfs: trying 10.1.2.3 prog 100005 vers 3 prot TCP port 719
mount.nfs: mount(2): Input/output error
mount.nfs: mount system call failed

As soon as I have some time, I'll hook a wireshark and see the trace,
what's going on the wire.

If you have any ideas how to approach this, please do not hesitate to
tell me.

Thanks,
   Attila