[review request] zfsboot/zfsloader: support accessing filesystems within a pool

Andrey V. Elsukov ae at FreeBSD.org
Mon Apr 23 06:23:55 UTC 2012

On 23.04.2012 1:21, Marius Strobl wrote:
> I can't say much about these patches as a whole as they are rather
> big and I'm not aware of all the details of ZFS. However, one bit that
> makes the current implementation x86-specific is zfs_dev_init(). If
> you could move it to the MD part in the course of these patches that
> would be great. If you could also take the second patch in PR 165025
> into account, which I plan to commit once the issue with the current
> ofw_disk.c are properly solved, that would be great.

I also have some WIP related to moving partition table handling into MD part.
You can look here:
	http://people.freebsd.org/~ae/sys_boot.diff

This patch have one problem, there is no way to determine disk size
and i'm thinking about adding ioctl(DIOCGMEDIASIZE) to the "disk" devsw.

--
WBR, Andrey V. Elsukov